· 2 cups celery, finely chopped
· 1 small onion, finely chopped
· ½ cup butter, melted
· 5 cups crumbled cornbread
· 2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix
· 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
· 3 ¾ cups chicken stock
· 3 large eggs, lightly beaten.
Cook celery and onion in butter in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until tender. Combine vegetable mixture, cornbread, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. (It is easier to just use your hands to mix it!) Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13-x9-x2-inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325˚ for 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Makes 10 servings.